Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ink Drawings: Animals and Plants


Animal portraits! I've been drawing animals for friends and family for the past few months, and then converting them into greeting cards. Wouldn't you like to be able to send thank you notes with your dog on them? I know I would. And do (upper left corner). Let me know if you're interested in a portrait of your animal!  More on Pet Portraits here.

These drawings came after I did some experimenting with ink drawings of just random animals such as this lion. They seemed to work out ok, so I tried out other areas of life.





These flowers were the next foray into more biology-related areas of art. Apparently I do not look to particularly wide reaching fields for inspiration.



I started ink drawing when I finally decided I was tired of making pencil drawings that simply ended up blurred or erased, and could never be seen from a distance. Ink solves that, and despite having its own drawbacks is a much more satisfying medium for me.

These are some local birds I drew for my grandpa to put by the bird feeder. The ink drawings then got some water-color bonus.




See all my ink drawings here
More Song Birds here
Most recently I drew a series of vertebrate anatomy drawings.

2 comments:

  1. this reminds me of the drawings of audobon/darwin. i like it. you're so good, i forgot.

    ReplyDelete